To support and serve Long Beach, one child and one community at a time.
The Kiwanis Club of Long Beach, founded in 1919, has always maintained a strong and respected leadership with the city. Over 2000 hours of volunteer service is spent each year by the members who share a belief and a spirit of altruism. They desire to help make the community a better place by improving the lives of children and youth.
What we do:
1. Kiwanis provides mentor programs and career enrichment to 7 high school
"Key Clubs" and CSULB Circle "K" college annually involving over 500 students.
2. Produces an annual award winning Kiwanis Kids and Cops Event bringing
over 200 middle school youth together with local police to build trust in law
3. Produce an annual Heart of a Hero Award to outstanding community service by
one police and one firefighter in Long Beach chosen by their peers.
4. Provide monthly meals to Lydia House, a temporary shelter for displaced mothers
and their children.
5. Provide High School Scholarships to 6 Graduating Students who provide many
hours of community service to the city.
6. Provide Assistance League/CAMEO mentoring program students with 6 $500
scholarships upon their graduation from the program
7. Distribute Chrome Books to underserved students who are unable to purchase
them not their own.
8. Purchase and Distribute Children's Books to the Children's Clinic.
9. Support the City of Long Beach with volunteers for Tree Planting or City events.
10. Provide funding to YMCA Preschool, Salvation Army, Food Finders and many more
For more information about our history "Click here".
2022-2023 Kiwanis Division 13, Lt. Governor
District 13 Lt. Governor
Member since 2016
Past President 2017
Current Co-chair of
Retired Software Engineer
Who We Are:
2022-2023 Kiwanis Club of Long Beach Leadership
Immediate Past President
Maria Elena Rincon
Member since 2019
Past Foundation Chair
Children's Bureau of
Member since 2020
Program Chair 2020
J.P. Morgan Chase Bank
Member since 2011
Past President 2013
YMCA, Long Beach Exec. Director,Early Childhood
Member since 2004
Past President 2009
Endowment Fund Trustee
Foundation Board of Directors
Retired, YMCA, C.O.O.
Co-Chair Sponored Youth
Member since 2016
Vice President of Administration
Member since 1997
Community Hospital Foundation,
Director of Administration
Vice President of Committees
Member since 1993
Past President 1999
Principal, Robert Stewart, Architect
Vice President Communications
Past President 1990&2019
Current Builder Editor
Member since 1978
Retired Naval Officer
Vice President of Membership
Member since 1995
Past President 2001
Retired Real Estate Broker
2022-23 Board of Directors
Pat Paris Appleby